Asif Khan, Psy.D.
- Position: Therapist
- Experience: 20 Years
- Location: 2001 Midwest Road, Suite 105, Chicago and Oak Brook, IL 60523
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: +1 (630) 774-8316
Personal Experience & Biography
I am a licensed clinical psychologist in professional practice for over 20 years. I received my doctoral degree in clinical psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, with a sub-specialization in cross-cultural psychology. I am certified in Clinical Hypnosis from the American Society of Clinical Hypnosis (ASCH). I am trained in the technique of Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) by the EMDR Institute. I am also trained in the Internal Family Systems Model from the Center for Self Leadership.
My approach is direct, interactive, and collaborative. I believe in guiding my clients through the process, not carrying them. I use state of the art and evidenced-based approaches to match clients personality styles and treatment goals.
I build upon clients’ inner wisdom to solve their problems. Clients’ motivation and involvement in therapy holds the key to a successful outcome. I utilize clients’ psychological strengths, basic belief systems, and life experiences as resources to treatment.
Why Choose Dr. Asif Khan?
- A fully qualified licensed psychologist in Chicago and Oak Brook.
- Free 30 minute initial phone consultation
- Psychological testing and personality assessment.
- Utilizes Clinical hypnosis and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trained and experienced in cross-cultural counseling and psychotherapy.
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
- Children (6 to 10)