What is Hypnosis?
Clinical Hypnosis is not hollywood or stage hypnosis. Hollywood has portrayed hypnosis in either scary or humorous ways to sell movies – but in real life hypnosis is a practical skill you can learn, and the research shows it is an effective tool for making many changes. Hypnosis is a tool that is used as an adjunct to fast-forward therapy. It is used to deal with depression, anxiety, insomnia, uncover and overcome fears and phobias, and to work through trauma.
When to come in?
- Smoking Cessation: Would you like to finally put that cigarette down forever? save money, restore health and feel better in every way. Studies have shown people who use hypnosis to quit smoking can reach success rates as high as 90% (Barber, 2001) and people who use hypnosis for weight loss often find greater weight loss results (Kirsh, 1996). Find out more.
- Weight loss: Hypnosis for weight control can change your subconscious association with food, increase activity and restore health. Find out more
- Traumatic Stress: Learning self hypnosis can help you with sleep. It can help you manage worries that creep into your head when you are trying to fall asleep.
- Calming fears: Hypnosis works with the mind and the body. Your mind is more powerful than your body, hypnosis teaches how to use the power of your mind how to impact your body.
- Obsessive thoughts: Hypnosis can free you from Obsessions like sexual thoughts, anxiety, and anger that you know are illogical but you don’t understand them since they are deeply rooted in the unconscious mind.
How can it help?
You can change patterns of behavior, negative habits and reprogram the subconscious mind to guide you in new ways.
Our Therapy Process
Your first step is to call us to schedule your initial appointment. We will link you up with the therapist that we believe will be the best fit for you.
Your initial evaluation session provides an opportunity to build rapport with the therapist and provide them with some background about yourselves and the reasons you are seeking counseling. In addition, they will be able to answer your questions regarding services, confidentiality, and what to expect in therapy.
At the end of your first session, if you decide to move forward and work with that therapist, you will be asked to schedule further appointments. At your second appointment, we will create a treatment plan together that is compatible with your personality, needs, resources and your unique cultural background.
Call +1 630 774 8316 Dr. Asif or +1 630 674 1138 Dr. Yasmeen and speak to us to learn more or schedule an appointment.
The best part is that what you learn in hypnotherapy to address one issue is a skill you can easily use with many issues in life. You will feel physical calm, emotional balance and find new ways of mastering your own thoughts and feelings.